This year Laurence King is celebrating 20 years of independent publishing and we’re giving you the chance to design some celebratory artwork for the occasion.
The winning piece will become our official 20th anniversary poster that will be distributed in Don’t Panic packs right across the country as well as being shown on www.laurenceking.com and www.grafikmag.com.
There will also be a special event showcasing the artwork at Woodbridge & Rees gallery in September.
In addition to this, there are prizes of LK books up for grabs for 1st, 2nd and 3rd place!
To celebrate the anniversary, the theme of your work should be based on the number '20'. You can interpret it broadly, but please try to stay on brief!
Also, your design must incorporate the Laurence King 20 Years logo - downloadable here.
You can upload your entries starting from now. Voting will open on the 31st August and the competition will close at midnight BST on 11th September 2011.
Established in London in 1991, Laurence King Publishing is now recognised as one of the world's leading publishers of books on the creative arts.
Their books are acclaimed for their beautiful design and authoritative text as well as the quality and care taken over their production.
They publish books for students, professionals and the general consumer in the following subject areas: advertising, architecture, art, the decorative arts, fashion, film & animation, graphic design, interior design, photography and product design.
- Please incorporate the Laurence King logo in your design - it can either play a big part and form the basis of the design, or may feature on the periphery, but inclusion is essential! (download it here)
- Please also do not add the Don't Panic logo
- The brief is open to artists from all disciplines
- Please work to A2 dimensions (594x420mm) - can be portrait or landscape
- For purposes of voting and pre-viewing in the web gallery, your entry needs to be formatted into a JPG or PNG format, RGB, resolution: 72dpi, max filesize: 1MB
- For optimal viewing in the gallery, please resize your image to 610 pixels width
- Please make sure your name, daytime phone number and email address are added to your profile on dontpaniconline.com - you can edit your profile at any time but please make sure this information is present before the competition ends
- If your entry is chosen as the winner, you will be contacted to send over the hi-res (300 dpi) version of it. So be prepared to have this quality version ready if you are chosen
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Entries with the highest votes may not necessarily win - the winner wil be chosen from the top 20 qualifying entries
- Please do not feature the Don't Panic logo on your design
- Entries received after the deadline will not be considered
- Entries that do not follow the design brief will not be considered but may not be deleted
- Entries can only be submitted via dontpaniconline.com
- All entries will be moderated and any containing any offensive imagery will be removed
Winner's artwork will be featured on 80,000 A2 Don't Panic Posters, distributed in Don't Panic Packs nationwide in September. There will also be a special event showcasing selected entries at Woodbridge & Rees gallery on the 29th September. The winner will also receive £100 worth of LK books, with prizes of £75 worth and £50 for the 2nd and 3rd placed entries.
fonte: Don't Panic